The chancel choir is a group of dedicated singers who minister at the 11:00 a.m. worship service each Sunday.
The choir’s purpose is to:
- Share the Gospel of Christ through song and praise
- Lead the congregation in worship and singing
- Bless the congregation and the choir alike through the singing of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
- Encourage believers in their walk with Jesus Christ
- Provide an avenue for believers to share their abilities in the worship experience
The choir is led by Renee Shatley and rehearses each Wednesday night in the Adult Choir Room. Auditions are not required.
Membership in the Chancel Choir is open to adults and high school students who commit to serve God in this special way, are willing to faithfully and joyfully carry out the procedures and responsibilities of choir membership with a heart for the Lord, and who desire to grow as ministers and musicians to increasing heights of fruitfulness and effectiveness in their knowledge of God and service to Him.
The worship ensemble is a small group of individuals who like to do more intimate, unaccompanied, & inspiring musical works for worship. This group meets on an as-needed basis and is open to adults & high school students who have an attitude of “let’s do this thing.”
Adults have the opportunity to be part of First Orchestra as a way to practice and strengthen the skills they learned in school. As adults, they help the youth in the group to learn and gain confidence on their instrument of choice.