WEEKDAY NURSERY SCHOOL
The FUMC Weekday Nursery School provides a half-day preschool program of learning activities and guided play for children in a safe, loving, and welcoming environment. Qualified teachers serve as facilitators enabling children to grow in their ability to express themselves through art, music, language, creative dramatics, and other media. Each classroom is equipped for learning. Learning centers are designed to support development in social, emotional, cognitive, fine motor, and gross motor skills.
Communication between home and the Weekday School is critical to the success of the child. Therefore, parent participation is expected and invited. The sharing of cultures, talents, interests, and time provides an excellent foundation for the children and serves as a positive step leading from home to elementary school.
By modeling Christian values and nurture on a daily basis, FUMC preschool strives to provide a positive experience in which children learn to live in a Christ like way.
We offer classes for ages 1 through 5 years of age. All classes run from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm daily.
- Toddlers – Tuesday & Thursday
- Toddlers – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Toddlers – Monday-Friday
- Two Year Old Class – Tuesday & Thursday
- Two Year Old Class – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Two Year Old Class – Monday-Friday
- Three Year Old Class – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Three Year Old Class – Monday-Friday
- Four Year Old Class – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Kinder Prep Class – Monday-Friday
In addition to their creative daily curriculum, children enjoy:
- Weekly Chapel Time with FUMC clergy
- Weekly Music
- Story Time at the Patrick Beaver Library (located across the street)
- Stretch-n-Grow physical education
- Monthly science class with Catawba Science Center (4 year olds)
- Monthly art class with Hickory Museum of Art (4 year olds)
- Special outings / field trips
Please visit our Facebook page for recent photos and activities: First United Methodist Church Weekday Nursery School
Our classrooms have minimal openings for the 2023-2024 school year.
Contact Suzi for more information!
Suzi Moore – Director
828-322-6058 ext. 308
** We are a nut-free facility **